Thursday 30 September 2010

Planning A Music Magazine


Planning a Music Magazine
I have decided that my music magazine is going to target people who are in to indie/rock music. This is also based on the feedback of my questionnaire. The targeted age group is 16+. I am going to keep my magazine open both to males and females.  Meanwhile my magazine will be covering now a day’s music bands to suite the younger age categories. However I will be also covering some old rock legends so the magazine would also refer to the older age group.

Looking at the results i got from my questionnaire I decided to make my music magazine monthly. My result showed that most people would be willing to buy a magazine every month.  Also there are two more reasons for this. First buying a magazine every two weeks or every week might be too pricey for the younger age category. Secondly to provide a good magazine it takes time and a lot of news. So making my magazine weekly wouldn’t be the best of my ability.

As my records show the audience are willing to pay £2-£3 a month, so i decided that my magazine every month will cost £2.50. It’s a reasonable price to pay for a magazine every month and its right in the middle of what the audience are willing to pay, as well as it suites my age category.

In addition I don’t want my magazine to be like a news paper; however looking at the budget it’s not going to be super glossy either. It’s going to be right in the middle like ‘OK’ or ‘Reveal’.  

Meanwhile a lot of things that i will include in my magazine will also be based on the results of my questionnaire. Such as; including more pictures on the contents page, taking in the fact that the picture on a front cover is very important. This is all to satisfy the customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment